Suggestions needed

aquaman1620

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2022
Hi,
I have this 7 feet aquarium and i need to install two canister filters for this. I am confused about where to place the inlet and outlet for both the canisters. I have already purchased two Sun Sun HW 5000 canister filters for this tank. Please help me out on this. And also if someone could suggest the substrate which will fit best with this set up.
Thank you…

image.jpg

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
place the inlet at each corner of the tank near the back wall. The place the spray bars on the side walls facing each other. Or you can place the outlet so that it sprays the water and have it go in a circular motion, on the left side have the outlet spray down from left to right along the back wall, and then on the right side have it pointing to the front wall.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Another suggestion would depend on what type fish you are going to keep.
If you are planing on keeping riverine species (i.e. Geophagines, Tomocichla, African Tiger fish, etc, that prefer a strong current), you may want the flow to be along the entire length of the tank, so both outflows from the filters on one end, pushing current lengthwise and placing the intakes at or near that other end.

Reactions: aquaman1620

eon aquatics

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2021
You can place the inlet and outlet in various places, try a few you think will work well.
You can probably place them under the gravel as well, or simply at the top of the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store