Suggestions on what other media to stock 180g sump

Alexkoj

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2017
The Lion City
So I’ve loaded the first two compartments with bio rings and about 40% of the next two with the same. Would be great if I had any inputs on what to load the rest of my sump with. Thanks

BB8D1009-2639-4055-AD59-CB20204D9A3C.jpeg

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
What mechanical filtration are you using? I don't see any sponges or filter socks.

Reactions: celebrist

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I have a sump on my 180 and my sump is smaller than yours. I only have the mid section on mine filled with bio so basically I've probably got a third of the bio you have and I have never had parameter issues or tank crashes and i'm probably overstocked too! Don't forget you'll have BB all over your tank and sump, not just in your designated bio section. Going off that i'd say you'd be ok with what you have but, that said, everyone's different and have their own views on how much bio media is enough.

Alexkoj

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2017
The Lion City
just filled the tank up with water and noticed that it isn't full level. The difference from one end of the tank to another is about 1cm - is this a big issue? would really really appreciate any input

Edit: i should say that the unevenness has resulted in water flowing into the left overflow but not the right overflow (so only the left side of my sump is partially filled now with the right still being empty) - is there any way I can fix this?

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
just filled the tank up with water and noticed that it isn't full level. The difference from one end of the tank to another is about 1cm - is this a big issue? would really really appreciate any input

Edit: i should say that the unevenness has resulted in water flowing into the left overflow but not the right overflow (so only the left side of my sump is partially filled now with the right still being empty) - is there any way I can fix this?
You need to drain your tank and sump and level your stand with some shims. Once you have the tank leveled properly then you can fill Back up and you should be good.

Reactions: Alexkoj

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Your floor will be out, that's usually the case. You need to empty the water out and start shimming, get a spirit level too.

Reactions: Alexkoj
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store