Suitable fish to pair up with arowana

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
You can house it with oscars, datnoids, pacu, various catfishs, flagtails, bichirs, parrots, green terrors, gars, possibly hydrolycus scombroides, paroon sharks, huge plecos, rays, clown loaches, knifefish, some jaguar cichlids, banded leporinus's, kaloi, pbass, giant gourami

I'm sure I missed some but...theres a lot of fish you can house it with (especially if you have a big enough tank)

yeowyin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2008
Malaysia
loh, will it be ok if i put a kaloi together with an arowana?
last time I tried before...... the kaloi attacked my aro till dropped few scales..... partly due to the kaloi was the same length as my aro but with a broader body..... choose a smaller kaloi.....

yh_loh

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2009
Malaysia
last time I tried before...... the kaloi attacked my aro till dropped few scales..... partly due to the kaloi was the same length as my aro but with a broader body..... choose a smaller kaloi.....
I think it depend on the individual fish...my already that for few months but no problem except some minor split tail kaloi attack from my Siamese Tiger fish. But only happen one or two times.

yh_loh

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2009
Malaysia
maybe also mix them with more fish to spread agrressiveness...but u must see if your tank can accomplish all of them.
Kaloi could growth quite big.

navin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2011
Malaysia
ermmmmm....looks like i got to get a smaller size kaloi as i m woried that it might attack the arowana.....:confused:

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
You can house it with oscars, datnoids, pacu, various catfishs, flagtails, bichirs, parrots, green terrors, gars, possibly hydrolycus scombroides, paroon sharks, huge plecos, rays, clown loaches, knifefish, some jaguar cichlids, banded leporinus's, kaloi, pbass, giant gourami

I'm sure I missed some but...theres a lot of fish you can house it with (especially if you have a big enough tank)
Seems you, as many others have, missed the size of tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store