AZ, USA
Mysticshadows3;4329891; said:
Yeah, I would NEVER pay for this: The estimate at my pet shop:
-Sealife Refuigum 300 Sump System: $399
-Eheim Return Pump: $159
-VS 135 Protein Skimmer: $349
-Plumbing Kit: $49
-Installation and Delivery: $850
dude that sump is tiny, what's your stand look like? a standard 55g would be much better and allow room for more love rock and a fuge if you sectioned it.

pump price is ridiculous, my 6600gph pond pump cost the same.

not a huge fan of the skimmer design and you should get the plubming parts from your local buidling supply store, not the pet store.

and forget instillation and delivery, you can do that yourself. In fatc forget the whole thing and start from scratch.

how big a tank do you have?

Mysticshadows3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2008
Lansing, Michigan
www.myspace.com
yogurt_21;4362491; said:
dude that sump is tiny, what's your stand look like? a standard 55g would be much better and allow room for more love rock and a fuge if you sectioned it.

pump price is ridiculous, my 6600gph pond pump cost the same.

not a huge fan of the skimmer design and you should get the plubming parts from your local buidling supply store, not the pet store.

and forget instillation and delivery, you can do that yourself. In fatc forget the whole thing and start from scratch.

how big a tank do you have?
I got a huge pump for free, a skimmer for $60, a uv sterelizer for $100 and I just traded my 75 gallon aquarium that I got for $50 for a 75 gal. with all the baffles already built...it has an intake chamber, then the bubble trap, then a 30" refugium, and then the outtake chamber which will have the skimmer in it. oh and I picked up an overflow box for $20 today.

I am a bargain shopper.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store