Mar 30, 2020
Washington

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
Hello F Fishyboi4 ,
That's pretty cool that you keep native fish in your aquarium. I like your tank and stocking that you have. I'm a fisherman and have thought about keeping native fish in the past. It sounds like they have cichlid like behavior which is cool. Have you thought about growing your own brine shrimp? That would be pretty neat. Those fry would devour those brine shrimp being so tiny and all. Good luck with your new fry.

Reactions: tlindsey

Fishyboi4

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hello F Fishyboi4 ,
That's pretty cool that you keep native fish in your aquarium. I like your tank and stocking that you have. I'm a fisherman and have thought about keeping native fish in the past. It sounds like they have cichlid like behavior which is cool. Have you thought about growing your own brine shrimp? That would be pretty neat. Those fry would devour those brine shrimp being so tiny and all. Good luck with your new fry.
Thanks, I'm a fisherman and always loved to learn about the fish in our local waters too. Yes, they do have cichlid like behaviours. They will pick on other fish their size and fish bigger than them sometimes too but it's nothing too aggressive to be concern of. Their also very territorial. I've had all sorts of native fish in my tank before and its fun. I've always wanted a baby striper but I wouldn't have the tank for it. I would love to grow some brine shrimp but I wouldn't know where to start, although I will probably look into it. I'm sure it would be a difficult process though.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Thanks, I'm a fisherman and always loved to learn about the fish in our local waters too. Yes, they do have cichlid like behaviours. They will pick on other fish their size and fish bigger than them sometimes too but it's nothing too aggressive to be concern of. Their also very territorial. I've had all sorts of native fish in my tank before and its fun. I've always wanted a baby striper but I wouldn't have the tank for it. I would love to grow some brine shrimp but I wouldn't know where to start, although I will probably look into it. I'm sure it would be a difficult process though.
They are out of stock but the product is easy to use. No air pump needed.https://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/hatchery-dish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store