Super Bowl LXIX (commercials, predictions and discussion)

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I had this horrible nightmare ... the number one rushing team in the league, with arguably the best running back in the game and definitely the best running qb in the game, had the ball on the one and a half yard line on second down and were about the win the Superbowl, but decided to throw it instead.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I had this horrible nightmare ... the number one rushing team in the league, with arguably the best running back in the game and definitely the best running qb in the game, had the ball on the one and a half yard line on second down and were about the win the Superbowl, but decided to throw it instead.

is this the screw up call the coach made that I keep seeing?

what happened with the throw?

I didn't watch the superbowl or any highlights. instead I took my wife and kids to the beach yesterday. on our way there we stopped by a burger king to get the kids some food. the dude at the window was like, what are you doing? the superbowl starts real soon. I told him I don't watch football and he looked puzzled

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
The seahawks called a passing play at the one yard line. This is questionable in and of itself because they have a runningback who has crazy good numbers in these situations. The throw was intercepted with ~40 seconds on the clock which cost them the game. Every armchair theorist will say running the ball is the definitive way to go, and I wouldn't disagree. Could have easily used the chance to run it in multiple times, because the seahawks had a timeout remaining. I pregamed the super bowl pretty hard so that might be muddled a bit.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Lol I pre gamed pretty hard. Had some good food left to eat....and then it tasted like crap the rest of the night. Thanks Pete carol for ruining my blue and green food

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store