Supposed zebrina

Oddballs

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
United States
I just recently got back from Alaska after a couple months of work and had my roommate tell me I had to go to our lfs. Showed up to check out a couple vampire and snowball plecos when this bad boy caught my eye. It looks like a zebrina so we will see once it's more settled in my tank. Pic is from the LFS and so far it loves massivore pellets. Luckly it hasn't messed with the any of it's tankmates. Definitely a bad ass fish

52671.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Yes. Cool zebrina pike.

Oddballs

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
United States
So ive done as much research as I could in the time frame before I bought the fish but I'm getting conflicting sizes. Seems some sites say 13inches max while others seem to say 18inches. Not that it matters much putting it into a 275 cube. Anyone have an idea on size range and temper with other fish?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Will get about a foot long. Almost always peaceful with tankmates.

Reactions: Oddballs

NHKG

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2015
Ostrava, Czech Republic
It looks like zebrina.
One year ago I bought two zebrina 5 and 6 inch long, now they have approx 12 inch (with fins). I have them in 120 gallon aquarium (70*20*20inch).
They eat any fish up to 3,5inch, and kill any fish up to 4,5inch. They usually ignore bigger fish. I lost one 5,5inch Satanoperca few month ago, but I am not sure, if it was due to zebrina attack, or zebrina attacked already dying fish. Other Satanopeca and plecos (6-8inch) are ok.
They eat any food I give them, even pellets for herbivore fish. They are shy, especially they don't like changes in lighting. Whey I used flashlight during nigh, one zebrina jumped from the tank.
If you can, buy more than one zebrina. Mine two zebrina are all time together.
(I know I have small tank for them, but I cant have in mine flat bigger tank and they were on super bargain. Sorry for bad English.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store