Surprised Salvini bred!

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
As this is their first spawn I have noticed zero aggression toward one another. They will live in a 75 once they reach a larger size. And I will definitely have a divider on hand if things go south. Also quick question is it possible to get a very strong bond between the pair and not experience the aggression towards the female?
I think it is probably possible, but have not experienced it. This is just a guess, but I think the presence of other fish in the tank may help strengthen the bond between the pair by keeping them busy defending the fry. If you want to raise the fry remove some of them, but leave some for the parents to take care of. It's also likely the first couple of spawns may not be successful. There are quite a few people who have way more breeding experience than I do on the site and may be able to offer some better information on pair bonding.

JakeAlmighty

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2016
Canada
Here he is, best pic of him, took this shot just before christmas. The angle is weird but the SAE in the back is a good 5.5":
View attachment 1225375

wow he's beautiful! my males have refused to color up so far, pretty sure it's the damn women beating them up all the time xD

The females have turned out gorgeous though, my profile is a recent pic or there's more pics in the Super Red thread. https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/...ni-the-quest-for-the-holy-grail.516519/page-7

going to separate them soon and then reintegrate - planning on breeding the red (rio chacamax) as they're pretty hard to get ahold of around here xD

Reactions: GamerChick5567
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store