MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
hi. theres this ruby fish that abiut 2 weeks agi started ti develope serius swimming bladder. its started by 'standing on his head'swimming that after 48 hours turned into laying on the bottom of the tank. he has been treated during the last 14 days with kanmicyn, nitrifuran, levamisole , oraziquantel,methylene blue, metrinidazole and naladic acid(not altogether of course).
there was no imprivment or any change in his condition. i think that the fact that he s still alive means that the problem isnt systematic. i read and saw a few situations where people built a 'wheelchair' for fish with severe swim bladder disorders and im considering trying that for him. wanted to ask for your advice, about that or about any other treatment you think that can help him
tank info-his alone in a 150 l tank with ex filter, wc are 30% once a a week and ammonia and nitrits are 0 nitrates are ariund 10. temp is 26.i really want to help him and ill aprreciate any help, thank you

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Hi, it’s very hard to see from the video what is going on. Could you get better footage? Also, I’ve treated fish with epsom salt to help with swim bladder.

I’m not experienced with using a few of those meds, but from what I know, some of the medication such as praziquantel is used for parasites. I don’t think using all those medication will be any good for the fish. Better to diagnose it first. kno4te kno4te and tlindsey tlindsey will be much more helpful than I am. Good luck!

Reactions: Bbuckley

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
The vid was hard to make out. Not sure if it’ll be cured. I’d suggest trying epsom salt 1-3 tbsp per 5g and round of prazipro.

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
how epsom salt will help here? thw tank has already been salted to a level of 0.5%
and already used prazi

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store