Sweet deal on 500 gallon tank?

ian8834

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2008
Southern Indiana
I have been e-mailing this guy back in forth about his tank. He thought that it was a little over 200 gallons, and sent me a picture of it.

I saw it and knew it was a lot bigger, so I asked for dimensions. He replied that the dimensions were 76"x24"x60". He is throwing in the stand, light, 2 air pumps, and 3 filters, gravel, plants, chemicals, and the fish in there now.

Here are the fish:
10" frontosa
12" redtail cat
6" strawberry peacock
6" spotted catfish
6" upside down catfish
8" clown loach
4" yellow lab
2 small spotted catfish
30+ small yellow labs

Am I right that it is a 500 gallon tank?

I'm setting up a time to go get it.

Oh, and I'm only paying $350 for it. :)

ian8834

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2008
Southern Indiana
I live on the third floor of my apartment building. Should I take any precautions before setting it up?

I have a 125-gallon in the apartment now, and everything was fine with it. But this is quite a bit heavier.

Honestly, I don't need this tank. But I'm NOT going to pass a deal like this up.

Camshaft Ramrod

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
At 473 gallons, that this is going to way at least 3000 lbs....3rd floor sounds iffy.
Plus substrate, cabinetry, fish.....
Also, have you ever carried a 500 gallon tank up 3 flights of stairs?
Also it's a tall 500. So the PSI on the floor would be more than a wider tank....

ian8834

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2008
Southern Indiana
Camshaft Ramrod;2475099; said:
At 473 gallons, that this is going to way at least 3000 lbs....3rd floor sounds iffy.
Plus substrate, cabinetry, fish.....
Also, have you ever carried a 500 gallon tank up 3 flights of stairs?
Also it's a tall 500. So the PSI on the floor would be more than a wider tank....
I'm not worried about carrying it up the stairs. I've got plenty of help to do that.

I know...it's almost the same length and width as my 125. Just a lot taller. So I figured it would be about 4 times the psi it is now. Probably not too good, but I'll check with the landlord. She may just tell me to wait til next year to set it up, and she'll put me in a first-floor apartment.

We'll see. I have a LFS that may let me set it up in there for awhile if need be. I guess we'll see...heck, I don't even have the tank yet!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store