Jul 25, 2019
Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Cool. If you get it and keep it and make up a thread on it and place all updates and visuals in the said thread regularly, you'd make half of my dream come true. FWIW.

Reactions: fishhead0103666

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Excellent! Gorgeous tank.

Your call. I think you could or even should carry on with this thread. There is already a good beginning of the story and some useful info in the thread and nice visuals. I think many will appreciate it, even if you come back to this thread once or twice a year because of how rare this fish is in the hobby and how demanding its eventual housing size is.

There is someone in the US west coast I believe with several adults in one tank (attempting to breed or not, IDK) but that person is not on MFK, don't know if they are on any other social media... but that's all the keepers I know worldwide. Not that I am all knowing, of course. Just a personal experience of a catfish nut who always wanted to keep this species.

Well it's on its way home 6 hours till it will be in his forever home
I am a bit confused, what is your involvement in this story if any? Are you the seller? If so, tell us the preceding story of this wonderful specimen, pretty please?

Reactions: Fishman Dave

Kirly wirly

Feeder Fish
Sep 5, 2019
Excellent! Gorgeous tank.

Your call. I think you could or even should carry on with this thread. There is already a good beginning of the story and some useful info in the thread and nice visuals. I think many will appreciate it, even if you come back to this thread once or twice a year because of how rare this fish is in the hobby and how demanding its eventual housing size is.

There is someone in the US west coast I believe with several adults in one tank (attempting to breed or not, IDK) but that person is not on MFK, don't know if they are on any other social media... but that's all the keepers I know worldwide. Not that I am all knowing, of course. Just a personal experience of a catfish nut who always wanted to keep this species.

I am a bit confused, what is your involvement in this story if any? Are you the seller? If so, tell us the preceding story of this wonderful specimen, pretty please?
No not the seller I'm his gf and was updating as he was driving home

Krisg19

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2019
Well after looking for so long it looks like the gods have shun on me as not only have I been able to own one of these magnificent catfish, I have the chance to own another (not 100% if the second one is a true syno longirostris till tomorrow), a picture of the second attached not the best as was sent by current owner ( will try and get some information to add)

IMG-20191102-WA0001.jpg

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Wow! You are on a roll! Looks like the real mccoy to me. What are you paying for these, if you don't mind? No expectations.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
If they happen to end up as a breeding pair then please do let us know about it, should it be the right species, gender, and you get it that is.

Reactions: Fishman Dave
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store