Want to Buy Synodontis nigrita Gold

Pix Pix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2017
There are 2 varieties of the gold nigrita. I have both. The ones I got from eBay has darker gold but some turned blocky with the black. I call it dirty. These have a normal body shape to them. The ones from the local store has a clean light yellow but slightly shorter body. Also the nostril structure is a little different if you look closely. The ones from the local store did have dirty yellow color when small but turned clean as they grew. I personally like the deeper yellow ones. Most are solid yellow. Only a small percentage has the dark blotches. The one by itself is the shorter body one (7”) and in a 135 gallon. I have 2 in that tank. The picture with the 2 are older and bigger (8”) in a 380 gallon. I have 4 in that tank. At that size, the bigger fishes don’t bother them. They were about 1.5” - 2” when I first got them.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Reactions: Wolfen

Wolfen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2018
Los Angeles
There are 2 varieties of the gold nigrita. I have both. The ones I got from eBay has darker gold but some turned blocky with the black. I call it dirty. These have a normal body shape to them. The ones from the local store has a clean light yellow but slightly shorter body. Also the nostril structure is a little different if you look closely. The ones from the local store did have dirty yellow color when small but turned clean as they grew. I personally like the deeper yellow ones. Most are solid yellow. Only a small percentage has the dark blotches. The one by itself is the shorter body one (7”) and in a 135 gallon. I have 2 in that tank. The picture with the 2 are older and bigger (8”) in a 380 gallon. I have 4 in that tank. At that size, the bigger fishes don’t bother them. They were about 1.5” - 2” when I first got them.View attachment 1391147View attachment 1391148View attachment 1391147
The 2 varieties have different names?

Pix Pix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2017
I don’t think so. I bought them from 2 different places. They are genetically different by the body shape. They were both called the same. It’s a cool looking fish that stands out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store