synspilum and severum in a 90g?

djlamonica

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2012
SE Michigan
Just wondering if anyone has tried this before. The severum is full grown very large and bulky 8"+ and thick. for some reason my LFS stores are all carrying sysnspilum right now and they vary in size but will defiantly be smaller then the oscar. Tank they would be sharing is a 90g with a few dithers/larger growouts. I did some searching and realy only came up with 1 youtube video.
So anyone have exp. in keeping this combo or severums with veja in general?

hamfist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2010
Southampton, UK
Personally I wouldn't want to keep an adult synspilum in a 90G. They are obviously large, and much more active than severums. You also state there are other fish in the tank too. SOunds like too much for the tank. I'm sure others might well disagree though.

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
I think a Synspilum would probably bully or upset a Severum

djlamonica

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2012
SE Michigan
Thanks for the input. The sys. Wouldn't be in this tank forever but atleast a year. Anyone have personal exp. With severums and veja species in the same tank bad or good?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Kivstev

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2009
Massachusetts, USA
I have red sev with v. Melanurus and they get along fine. keep in mind they were both young when they were integrated.
IME some aggressive cichlids give docile cichlids much more leeway as compared to cichlids similar in demeanor. Bottom line is that you won't know unless you try - just have a backup plan if it doesn't work.

djlamonica

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2012
SE Michigan
Hmm well ill have to think about it maybe ill give it a whirl and watch. Or maybe something else will catch my eye. I tried another large severum with him but he beat the hell out of it. So I was thinking trying something a bit more aggressive.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store