Taking The Long Route - Help Please

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Does this mean that next winter she will need a heater or her bb will cark it and every spring the poor fish will have to go through a nitrogen cycle unless she gets a heater for it in winter?

Its also hard growing aquatic plants with goldfish, although I've found a few mine won't eat, I can't say the same for the two in the pond..

I guess I could try telling her to experiment with them and find out what they eat and what they don't, so on and so forth. She's taken quite the attachment to the two fish (previously named Bubbles and Star :eek: poor fish) so I might just be able to get her to buy them some plants.

I have some duckweed growing in a tiny tank on my window ledge that I'm planning to take around to her when its covered with a nice layer of healthy duckweed... But I doubt that would last long, especially since they've been eating flakes their entire lives.

I'll probably just end up taking the entire tank around for her to put somewhere sunny so then her goldfish can have a yummy snack here and there. :D
Most outdoor ponds go through a mini cycle coming out of winter.The saving grace is that the fish are not very active and not eating until the water warms up a bit.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Most outdoor ponds go through a mini cycle coming out of winter.The saving grace is that the fish are not very active and not eating until the water warms up a bit.
Its not a big pond, and while the deck is enclosed it still gets cold. Last time I was around there she was feeding them well - by well I mean not over feeding them, apparently if its a warm day/s (over 22°c) she will feed them every day, if it drops below 18°c (roughly where its been sitting most days) she feeds them every second/third day.

I guess I'll just have to make sure she loves her test kit, then she'll know when she's getting mini cycles and can dose some prime accordingly. :)

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store