tank almost crashed.. please advices!!

Winfield92

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2017
Nomad
C Coryloach

How I do my WC?
- Use photon to suck up the water, turn off everything except air stones. Fill 6 cups of sachem prime (nuff to treat 300 gal), fill in the water from the photon. Once it is filled back in, turn on all the equipments.

Please tell me where did I do wrong. So I can fix it. Thanks a lot for your help! =)
Please tell me you mean 6 cap fulls of prime and not 6 cups

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
You need to measure tap water vs tank water.. Otherwise the test means nothing much. You're basically aiming at a change between water changes of no more than 20-30ppm tank vs tap.
What is the measure of the tap and the tank now? I see the tank is about 204ppm

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Strange end to the story. ?

Coryloach taught a highly valuable and generous lesson and the student disappeared?

Thank you so very, very much, C Coryloach , for this info and what you posted in the thread you linked on page 3. Entirely eye-opening and clarifying so-o-o many things at once.

I have been reading up on "Ph crash" / "Old tank syndrome" and I am thoroughly delighted in your teaching.

slipshodman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Australia
Strange end to the story. ?

Coryloach taught a highly valuable and generous lesson and the student disappeared?

Thank you so very, very much, C Coryloach , for this info and what you posted in the thread you linked on page 3. Entirely eye-opening and clarifying so-o-o many things at once.

I have been reading up on "Ph crash" / "Old tank syndrome" and I am thoroughly delighted in your teaching.
I just spent the last hour reading through this and totally concur with thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter
Thank you for sharing such knowledge C Coryloach

I am off to by a TDS meter this weekend

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store