Tank Backgrounds.

TONE_40

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2020
What's going on everyone?

So I have my first aquarium up and running, BUT...... Did not paint the back like I should have. I've been looking online and Amazon for either a solid blue or black background, but prices are all over the place and reviews aren't consistent. Does anyone have a good site or brand I can use? I have a 75 gallon tank 48x21 but the glass showing height is 17. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tone

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I cut a piece of styrofoam to fit the back panel of the tank, spray paint it black, and tape it to the back.
Besides liking the way the black look sets off the colors of the fish, it adds a bit of insulation, helping to hold temps more stable during power outages when I lived in a cold part of the U.S.
I also put styrofoam on sides on on the bottom of tanks for that reason. I cut another for the front to be added during during outages

TONE_40

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2020
I cut a piece of styrofoam to fit the back panel of the tank, spray paint it black, and tape it to the back.
Besides liking the way the black look sets off the colors of the fish, it adds a bit of insulation, helping to hold temps more stable during power outages when I lived in a cold part of the U.S.
I also put styrofoam on sides on on the bottom of tanks for that reason. I cut another for the front to be added during during outages

That looks pretty good! Thank you

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
What's going on everyone?

So I have my first aquarium up and running, BUT...... Did not paint the back like I should have. I've been looking online and Amazon for either a solid blue or black background, but prices are all over the place and reviews aren't consistent. Does anyone have a good site or brand I can use? I have a 75 gallon tank 48x21 but the glass showing height is 17. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tone
Can you still reach the back of the aquarium?
I’ve painted the backs of tanks already set up.
Just need black latex paint and a roller.

Reactions: TONE_40

TONE_40

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2020
I can.. that's a great idea, didn't even think to use a roller ?. Thank you
Can you still reach the back of the aquarium?
I’ve painted the backs of tanks already set up.
Just need black latex paint and a roller.

Reactions: BIG-G
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store