Tank brace

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsc46

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2005
Southeastern, MA
Does anyone know where to buy the top plastic piece that goes all the way around the edge of the tank and that the brace is built into?

I hope this question is clear. Basically it's the piece that determines weather you tank is oak, or black. I need to buy the top and bottom peice for a standard 125 gal. Links would be great! Thanks for the help.

rkc772

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Southern California 91744
go to homedepot.. they have this clear L-shape platic with adhesive on both sides. I use them for my 30 gal tank to avoid any accident and have chips on the glass. i think it's less than $7 for a 5 foot lenght one. then use a very sharp scissors to cut it or blade, either way it will have a clean cut. cheap way to protect kids and protect the aquarium. you can find it somewhere near the crown moldings and acylic sheets they sell (somewhere at the back of the store near the lumbers-that's on our homedepot here in City of Industry, California). Hope this helps :D

rkc772

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Southern California 91744
oak brace? i know mine is a clear L-shape which i stick on the 4 corners to protect it from having accidental chips due to carelessness. i used it as a protector. i you want it to look oak... i would still buy the L-shape clear plastic and go find a oak design laminate and glue it on the clear L-shape... which i think is how they do it anyway... but their plastic would be thicker. check out homedepot or lowes maybe they have one that is oak design already, i know they use it for crown molding or what not. :D

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
HEY~ I'm from Lowell,MA i know some local fish store here would order it for you, i know is less the $100, but not sure how much tought.. they can order you both top and bottom for package deal..if you need more imfor.. give me a pm..

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
check with glass cages or contact some tank manufactures and see if they can order some for you. I've seen them, just cant remember exactly where

fsc46

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2005
Southeastern, MA
rkc772 said:
i though it was for the corners of the aquarium... didn't know it was for the frame. :D sorry if i gave you the wrong info. :(

No problem. I know you were only trying to help. Thanks!

to the best of my knowledge U cant buy the same u would have to make somthing
I remember someone posting a company name or website that sells. Not sure who it was but I hope they or someone who read it will chime in here with the info.

Thanks for the idea Rally! I'll try it if this fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store