Tank divider for stingrays

Proximus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2009
Norway
I have a male leopoldi that is biting one of the females a bit too much, and i have been trying to think of a good solution for dividing the tank. After some googling i was inspired to make this simple device.

Want to share the pictures in case someone else also are in search of ideas for a divider.

Skilleveegg (2).JPG

PVC tubes, strips, and plastic mesh. Guess one could use some silicone to keep those two supporting pipes sticking out at the bottom tight and in place, but i don`t think i need it where i am using it.

Skilleveegg (1).JPG

Some holes in the top and bottom frame to get rid of air.

Skilleveegg (4).JPG

Also if anyone else have pictures of other solutions it would be interesting to see them!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have a male leopoldi that is biting one of the females a bit too much, and i have been trying to think of a good solution for dividing the tank. After some googling i was inspired to make this simple device.

Want to share the pictures in case someone else also are in search of ideas for a divider.

View attachment 1309529

PVC tubes, strips, and plastic mesh. Guess one could use some silicone to keep those two supporting pipes sticking out at the bottom tight and in place, but i don`t think i need it where i am using it.

View attachment 1309528

Some holes in the top and bottom frame to get rid of air.

View attachment 1309530

Also if anyone else have pictures of other solutions it would be interesting to see them!

Great job making the divider.:) I personally enjoy seeing diy projects.

Reactions: Proximus

Proximus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2009
Norway
Thank you :)

I`ll just see if it stays in place or not the next few days. If not i`ll probably consider to cut of a bit more of the pvc tubes to make room for suction cups!

Reactions: tlindsey

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Nice one, I use the exact same thing. I also add cleaning magnets on either side on the front glass just for a little extra security as I find bigger rays can push the divider around.

Bigboy233

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2008
London
Nice one, I use the exact same thing. I also add cleaning magnets on either side on the front glass just for a little extra security as I find bigger rays can push the divider around.
Hey Jim, What mesh did you use ? I am a bit worried about leaking plastic or whatever into the water.

Reactions: jim barry

top dog

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2013
South Africa
nice job
have done very similar for large cichlid pairs, like the idea of the 45 degree base, would still advise using rocks or bricks on the base. Top i have rune a pipe the length of tank with tee on each end and drilled hole with a cable tie holding it in place. Big ray to me will topple it rather easy.

Reactions: MariaS
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store