Tank mates that won't get killed?

BastardFish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
West Coast
Botias are great with them. They do not get bothered like cats and plecos can. Also africans work very well so long as they are smaller than the FH. Most SA cichlids work too so long as the FH is the dominate fish. If it were me and the FH is nice like you say than I would so with one or both of the first two options. Hope I helped

sNAkeDoG :: CLMT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego
my FH hangs out with a Senegal Bichir
a Pseudotropheus Demasoni
and a trio of Ompok Bimaculatus

put my Jag in there and the FH goes into murder mode

ive noticed he gets along better with oddball fish
and if a Cichlid it needs to be a small fast one

i think Bichir Eel would be a good one to try

grey'goose

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
maryland
IMO none!!
i had mine in a 225 and he tolerated no tankmates now hes in solitary confinement (55g) for multiple homicides
<<<<<<<<<

rocsorcs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2006
Fort Worth, Texas
www.dfw.wwdb.biz
He and the Wide Bar Dat that is about 4 times his size, are getting along quite nicely.

My wife and I were afraid to give him to a friend, when we found out that he has a 15" Albino Channel Cat in a 75 gal. tank. :eek:

He got straight up punked as soon as I put him in the big tank, 125 gal., but then he just stared at the Dat like " Why in the world would you want to do that?"

They eat together, they play fun games like "I'll chase you around the tank", and they both swim up to the front of the tank like a couple of puppy dogs waiting for a treat when I walk into the room.

I think they are going to be fine. The FH is too big for the Dat to eat, and the Dat is WAY to big for the FH to kill.

Andrewtfw

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Maryland
I am planning on mixing 4 small flowerhorns with a few other baby cichlids and a large population of fancy plecos. I am trying the african cichlid theory of packing the tank with fish to reduce individual targeting of fish. With my luck I will lose everything. The flowerhorns are being imported, so I don't have them yet. I will let you all know if I have any sort of success.

fishloverblake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2007
laca
id say put a pacu with it

fishloverblake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2007
laca
get the samed size pacu and theyl grow up togetha