Tank not lvl please help

J0ker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
New Jersey
I have a 29 Gallon tank on my dresser which is not level - it has been set up like this for probably over a year now. It has never cracked or leaked or anything. If it were to break would it break at the seam or would the glass just crack and break?? The reason I ask is I noticed a line across the front of the tank and I don't know if it is the start of a crack or just a scratch. Please help!!

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
You should definitely have it level. If you don't have room for a stand, you could put a sheet of styrofoam across the bottom and then another piece on the side that's unlevel to balance it out.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fishman0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2009
New York
I have a 29 Gallon tank on my dresser which is not level - it has been set up like this for probably over a year now. It has never cracked or leaked or anything. If it were to break would it break at the seam or would the glass just crack and break?? The reason I ask is I noticed a line across the front of the tank and I don't know if it is the start of a crack or just a scratch. Please help!!
How much out of level are you noticing? 1/8"? 1/4"?

It would be best to have it perfectly level of course but depending on the severity you may want to look at the dresser level or floor level

J0ker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
New Jersey
How do I figure out the measurements? Cause if it's only a little bit maybe I'm just being paranoid?? How unlevel would a tank have to be for it to leak or crack?? The spot in question is a hoizontal scratch or beginning of a crack along the front of the tank about half way up.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
I usually have about 1/8 or 1/4 inch of "play" due to imperfections in the floor, or the stand, etc, and have never had any problems whatsoever, in the many years I've been keeping tanks. Never.
That line, sounds like a scratch - if it was a crack, you would recognize it.

J0ker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
New Jersey
So after measuring it is off by about 1/4 inch one side measured 1 and 1/8 and the other measured 1 and 3/8. scratch.JPGtank.JPG

scratch.JPG

tank.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store