Tank size mins for piranhas??

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Great responses. Thank you all. Interesting about rhom maxing at 1’. If I would have known that, many years ago I most likely would have had more of them.

Deadliestviper7 Deadliestviper7 i was mostly thinking about the 2 I mentioned

I am definitely on board with the exodons. I look forward to doing one of these tanks maybe some time next year or so.
Rhonda would be cool, such slow growers however, so if you start with a hundred or so gallons then you aren't going to need a upgrade for a long while if you have a juvi,
With the rhom I'd do a planted set up, and breed golden rabbit snails in there as well

Reactions: Matteus

Atfownz

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
Here
I was more looking to find out what the general consensus is within the piranha keeping community of what tank sizes should be rather than an ambiguous answer of get a bigger one if you want.

Any (helpful) responses would be great thanks ;)
So anything larger than 25gals is too ambiguous for you huh? LOL don't show your cards too early. Make you sound way too smart!

EDIT:

If you were to actually look around the resources provided you will find the "general consensus" from more experts which is probably more helpful... https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/piranha-species-information.50148/

Last edited:
Reactions: tlindsey

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store