Tank Update

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
I've trimmed her barb.

She stabbed him right in the spiracle two months ago when they bred so therefore I trimmed it as a preventative measure as recommended by others on here! lol
Can you elenorate on the trimming? How short? Can it be trimmer too short? What is your trimmer tool of choice?

Thx

Jez1992

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2015
UK
Can you elenorate on the trimming? How short? Can it be trimmer too short? What is your trimmer tool of choice?

Thx
Net her out, laid her on a towel in the net, then used a small towel to hold the tail with one hand and snip with the other.

I just used some pliers. Cut off 2cm or so to take away the spike, so is stil about half barb left. I trimmed back as far as I could before it got too close to the base as didn't want to stress her. Now it's just blunt so should be lot less da,age if she's tries to stab him.

Reactions: eddiegunks

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
I've trimmed her barb.

She stabbed him right in the spiracle two months ago when they bred so therefore I trimmed it as a preventative measure as recommended by others on here! lol
It's probably a good thing to always keep hers blunt knowing she's a stabber lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store