Tankmate for 2 tatuaia payara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Depends on the wolffish species and if they are hungry or not :)

Like paya said, get a tigrinus, they are cool looking show fish :)

Here is mine with my tigers :D

636.jpg

tgroen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2012
Caledon, ON
i ended up buyin a gatf off of payarakeeper. hes a beast. much better then a wolf fish i think. definitly the show fish of my tank right now. i gotta save up for the next fish tho. im thinkin an asian sting ray. i have a sand bottom in my tank and i know id have to take out the big chunk of drift wood on the bottom to give it more space to swim. besides that does anyone have any tips on that or if i should even try it?

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
i ended up buyin a gatf off of payarakeeper. hes a beast. much better then a wolf fish i think. definitly the show fish of my tank right now. i gotta save up for the next fish tho. im thinkin an asian sting ray. i have a sand bottom in my tank and i know id have to take out the big chunk of drift wood on the bottom to give it more space to swim. besides that does anyone have any tips on that or if i should even try it?
I plan on adding a motoro to my armatus tank when its time to upgrade. I'm not suree about keeping rays with tigerfish though. If they are ok with payara species, I don't see why it couldn't co-hab with a gatf. Don't take my word for it. Do as much research as you can about gatf/ray combos.

Sent from my GT-I5510M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
Out of curiosity, ho do your tats do with each other? I've had bad luck keeping them in pairs.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tgroen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2012
Caledon, ON
they scrap quite a bit but no damage just more of a head butt when one is in the other ones "favourite spot" i think hes the dominant one. i have been watchin them pretty closely. they sit under a root on the opposite side of the powerheads under a large fake root and a large plant. but still face the currant. the gatf on the other hand is either watching them or swimming directly in the current doing a figure 8 through it. and ok. think the gatf would be the one in danger or do u think it would wreck the ray?

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
I've never kept any of the atf's, but when my payara and ray were together, they left each other alone.

tgroen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2012
Caledon, ON
The gatf is much more aggressive. Thetats were mean towards my 3 scombs when i had them. But are now the calm ones in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store