Tankmate for Caribe

A

AquaAlex1993

hmmm you seem confused...
Yes, noticed I said tetras there. Tetras equal dithers.
Catfish and plecos are fish that are very inactive and don't move much if at all except at night when piranha are asleep so the chances of them getting a cat or pleco aren't as high as other fish.
But, still risky, but a lot of people have had success and I'm just sharing what I've seen.... been browsing piranha sites, facebook groups, and youtube.

SwissTrees

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2016
Ohio
Ok, whatever. we all have different opinions
Atfowns, I dont think the original question at hand was "will all my fish get happily along with my piranha." I think the OP gets that and is just asking for suggestions from others that HAVE had success adding tank mates. I dont get why you are attacking everyone because they are giving suggestions. Is it smart to place other smaller fish in with your P? Of course not. Can it be done with proven success? Heck yeah. But like others have said, dont put them in there without the expectation they could become a snack. My first Reds tank I had 6 of them for 2 years. I had 4 gold mollys someone was giving away on Craigslist and threw them in there as feeders. A year later they were all still swimming together lol. My second RED tank, they would attack a newly added tank mate in seconds. It all depends on the fish.

Reactions: AquaAlex1993
A

AquaAlex1993

Atfowns, I dont think the original question at hand was "will all my fish get happily along with my piranha." I think the OP gets that and is just asking for suggestions from others that HAVE had success adding tank mates. I dont get why you are attacking everyone because they are giving suggestions. Is it smart to place other smaller fish in with your P? Of course not. Can it be done with proven success? Heck yeah. But like others have said, dont put them in there without the expectation they could become a snack. My first Reds tank I had 6 of them for 2 years. I had 4 gold mollys someone was giving away on Craigslist and threw them in there as feeders. A year later they were all still swimming together lol. My second RED tank, they would attack a newly added tank mate in seconds. It all depends on the fish.
That is right. Each fish has it's own personality. You can't judge that all piranhas will be the same. It would be like saying all people are going to be the same... no one is the same.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store