Tankmates for clown loaches and rainbow shark 180G

iceprizm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2011
arizona
I just redid my 180G 6'x2'x2' tank, it has sand bottom and a decent amount of plants and driftwood.

I am planning on putting my 9 clown loaches, 1 Rainbow Shark, a white spotted sailfin pleco, and a couple BNs into the tank once it clears up.

So I am looking for any ideas to stock up that 180.

BTW my other tank (75G) has Australian rainbows, congo tetras, and a few livebearers so I want something different for the 180G.

iceprizm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2011
arizona
Dreamsofpeace54;5145793; said:
yup ive kept clown loaches with african cichlids, severums, jack dempseys, convicts, and currently have some with a green terror. they occupy 2 different niches in your aquarium. id be more worried about your aquascaping and plants with cichlids though as they like to redecorate.

Hmm would they attack my plants? Im not super attached to my plants, but i dont want them destroyed.

Josh the Happy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
SC
I keep two pictus cats with mine - 9 or so clown loaches, and one rainbow shark.
A fee tiger barbs would be great also imho.

andyroo

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
iceprizm;5145331; said:
ok heres what im thinking

8 bosemanis
8 blue neons
12 cardinals
maybe a ram

how does that sound?
That sounds perfect. Heaps of current, toasty warm. See if you can get a little natural sunshine in the tank and the colours will pop! Are there lightbulbs that are close to sunlight?
All bottom and mid-water: What's going to live at/around the water surface?
A

iceprizm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2011
arizona
andyroo;5160953; said:
That sounds perfect. Heaps of current, toasty warm. See if you can get a little natural sunshine in the tank and the colours will pop! Are there lightbulbs that are close to sunlight?
All bottom and mid-water: What's going to live at/around the water surface?
A

I dont know of any fish that hang out at the surface. Rainbows in my experience go everywhere.

Right now im thinking of moving the fish in my 75g to the 180g and getting something for the 75.

So I have the opportunity to strip the 75 and redo it.
Now im thinking of cichlids, question is what can I fit in the 75g. I always wanted a larger fish, and not interested in getting a breeding pair.

Aqualoon

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
Minnesota
What I thought of doing for my next 6' tank was a nice school of clown loaches, a group of Geos like orange heads and then an EBJD.

Could even then have enough room for a nice school of rainbows too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store