Tankmates for Sajica pair?

lunsforj

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2009
corvallis, OR
If it were me, I would definitely add a livebearer species or astianax fasciatus to fill the middle portion of the aquarium, and add movement and variety. As far as another cichlid species, I like the idea of rainbows. Also, cryptoheroes naneolatus might be an attractive option, given its smaller size and contrasting coloration.

RyanM

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canton, OH
If it were me, I would definitely add a livebearer species or astianax fasciatus to fill the middle portion of the aquarium, and add movement and variety. As far as another cichlid species, I like the idea of rainbows. Also, cryptoheroes naneolatus might be an attractive option, given its smaller size and contrasting coloration.
I have another 75g for growout of cryptoheros chetumalensis and naneolatus (between 1-1.5", growing fast). Thought about putting the Sajica's in that tank but I am worried they will wreak havoc. Maybe worth a shot even though it would be a pain to pull them out.

lunsforj

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2009
corvallis, OR
Sounds like one of those situations that could go either way. I'd just make sure you have plenty of time to observe the tank if you decide to try it.

RyanM

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canton, OH
Sounds like one of those situations that could go either way. I'd just make sure you have plenty of time to observe the tank if you decide to try it.
I might give it a shot over the weekend. Just sent up the tank for the Cryptos and don't have the aquascape done yet, so it might not be so terrible to pull the Sajica's if it goes south.

Reactions: lunsforj
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store