Tankmates

crexxk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2011
CA
Im setting up 75 gallon with an African brown knife, a small bichir, and maybe and eel. Can anyone recommend some good Tankmates? Thanks

tjfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
KC missouri
What type of eel would you be keeping?
Also, i dont know a great deal about polys but is there a species that could be housed full grown in a 75?

crexxk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2011
CA
Still deciding but probably a peacock or fire eel and senegal bichirs stay relatively small.

Max's Bichirs

Feeder Fish
Oct 4, 2016
What type of eel would you be keeping?
Also, i dont know a great deal about polys but is there a species that could be housed full grown in a 75?
I have an (under average) sized adult senegal bichir, it is the only bichir I would say should even be attempted. Usually the bichirs aren't something I would say one could keep in under 100 gallons, but the senegals I have worked with usually max out at 12 in (biggest i've seen was a 15.) The delhezi is a very common species where I live and if you see one It won't fit in under a 125, my smallest one is 14 inches and not yet full grown.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
The delhezi is a very common species where I live and if you see one It won't fit in under a 125, my smallest one is 14 inches and not yet full grown.
Would love to see a pic of that delhezi. Ive never seen one get to that size before though some publications have suggested 16" as a max size.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I have an (under average) sized adult senegal bichir, it is the only bichir I would say should even be attempted. Usually the bichirs aren't something I would say one could keep in under 100 gallons, but the senegals I have worked with usually max out at 12 in (biggest i've seen was a 15.) The delhezi is a very common species where I live and if you see one It won't fit in under a 125, my smallest one is 14 inches and not yet full grown.
You sure you thinking of the right species? They get confused wit endlis sometimes. I highly doubt them being much bigger than 14".

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Senegal bichir will be fine in the 75, fire eel will outgrow 75 peacock and brown knife should be ok.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store