Tanks. In. restaurants.

Supalah17

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2014
Buffalo, New York
One of my local Petsmarts has a few bow-front setups in the fish isles away from the sale tanks that have been running and stocked for years. What ever miscellaneous fish they have in there look terrible and don't last long.
Petsmart shouldn’t even sell fish, I’ve been all over the country and yet to run into a single one with a knowledgeable staff member or decent conditions for the fish, anything I’ve ever bought from there would get a 6 week quarantine with medication because they’re always diseased...

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
A couple of weeks ago I walked into one of those huge shops that sell everything from plumbing supplies, garden supplies, furniture, etc...They also had a pet section....with a display 20G fish tank. The tank has the brightly coloured blue and pink gravel, one of those bubble chests that open and close, a couple of artificial plants, small internal filter, and 3 large common goldfish...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I forgot all about my favorite Chinese Buffet!....they have a nice sized koi pond in the front lobby area right where the cashier is stationed.It's one of those oddly shaped jobs that is built up against a corner in the room.....lots of koi but the water is always crystal clear.

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
Petsmart shouldn’t even sell fish, I’ve been all over the country and yet to run into a single one with a knowledgeable staff member or decent conditions for the fish, anything I’ve ever bought from there would get a 6 week quarantine with medication because they’re always diseased...
I hear you, but I've yet to find a LFS that cares for fish the way we do or dispenses proper advice as well. I suppose they'd go totally broke if they did.

RocketGarStar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2018
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Don't even mention doctor's offices. My old pediatrician's waiting room was coral reef themed *groan* and there were cute little murals on the walls with totally inaccurate depictions of reef life... It's hard to be a diver and see all of this crap. The design was charming, except for the 30 or so gallon hex (the ugliest design I've ever seen, retch), stocked with GloFish (TM?) Danios and goldfish, with Chinese algae eaters everywhere. Oh, and a pair of angelfish. I puked in my mouth a little bit, I HATE GloFish.

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
whats really annoying and puzzles me is that despite the fact the fish are kept in too small aquariums they look healthy, Goes totally against standard good fishkeeping protocol

Chinese Restaurants are always the ones that make me think "what the hell?' I spend more time in amazement at the aquarium than I do enjoying my meal:( Drives my Wife mad

Reactions: Matteus

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I forgot all about my favorite Chinese Buffet!....they have a nice sized koi pond in the front lobby area right where the cashier is stationed.It's one of those oddly shaped jobs that is built up against a corner in the room.....lots of koi but the water is always crystal clear.
My favorite localism Chinese buffet has a fountain with goldfish and two pacu ( I've seen a little kid pet the pacu,they seemed to dig it)

Reactions: Matteus

I31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
omni
I seen some chinese restaurants have indoor ponds all tiled. Plenty of room, for large koi and small goldfish to move around.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

___James___

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2018
I went to one Japanese restaurant that had a 90 gallon, with two 9” Oscars, GloFish, 7 Angelfish, and Goldfish... spent more time thinking how disappointing the tank was then eating.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store