Target feeding my Queen Abrabesque

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
My queen has been doing ok in my big plec tank at 2" had it for a few months now.The problem i'm running into is it don't travel far from its hollowed out log and a sun cat has also called this home when the lights are on,whats happening in the last couple weeks the shrimp pellets i drop at the entrance for the L260 get gobbled up by the sun cat and the stong current prevents the worms or shrinmp from staying there long also,I was thinking about droppig a large shelled shrimp in the L260s area so it can knaw on it but I need some ideas on worm and shrimp disspensers .
Any suggestions or feed back greatly needed this is not something thats covered in a book need some real feed back .

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Add more hiding places and hopefully the Suncat will find a new home?

Rubberband a piece of shrimp to a spoon, and shove it in the driftwood.. Make sure its too big for the suncat to even think about eating (unless its a big suncat).. He shouldnt try to fit the spoon AND shrimp in his mouth..

Too bad catfish are gluttons and will over-indulge.. I would just say pre-feed the catfish first, then offer sinking pellets to the L260 afterwards.. but that Cat will probably eat until it explodes.

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
problem solved the suncats went back to the lfs one had decided that fresh food was better in a week it ate 2 danios 4 neons they were there for that purpose but the little @$$#% ate a 3" clown loach it was so bloated it was laying on the bottom I had planned on another tank for theses guys but at the rate of growth and the feeding habits i decided not to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store