tell me all about dats please!!!

Ofan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2007
Utah
Im planning trying to plan out my future dat sp. tank
It would start in my 150 gallon and potentially upgrade to a 240 if needed...
what dats would work cuz I absoultly know nothing about them and what are their water requirements ect. im having trouble finding much info

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
They Rule, WHat type are you looking for?? But they are ambush predators, and will stalk prey. Theyre are 5 species in total. St/It/NTT/AT/NGT=WIdebar/Indo/THinbar/SIlver/NEw Guinea.
They like 6-7ph roughly. but usually hardy unless small.
4 out of 5 like Full FW.

Silver can tolerate either fresh or brackish tanks..

Whats else u need to know?

blacktip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Cali
A quick google search will net you most of the general knowledge available on these awesome fish. After that, peruse through the older threads in this forum and you should have plenty of knowledge on keeping these wonderful fish.

Your 150 should be plenty large enough to get your dat community started. It probably won't take very long for the personalities of these fish to get you hooked on dats for life. My first experience with these guys came almost 16 years ago. My neighbor had a 6" dat (indo or widebar) in his 180 and it did this great little shimmy dance right before he would eat a feeder. It looked like he was so excited that he just couldn't control hmself. Needless to say I was hooked the first time that I saw him eat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store