tell me what to put in my 125

blacklabel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2007
AL
right now i have 9 piranha and around 100 convicts 1-3". im selling the piranha tomorrow and want to stock it with something relatively cheap until i save up enough to convert it to a reef (~6 months). by relatively cheap i mean probably fish i can pick up locally so nothing exotic. it is already planted right now but i dont care if they rip them up or not. im open to all suggestion! have at it!

PennReels84

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2008
South Jersey
1,000 guppies~!

mfk4life

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2008
California
north american pike

heavyhitter

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
Nebraska
If you are going reef seriously I suggest adding your substrate of choice and then your live rock and or dead rock. Let its sit for a a while or more and you will be rewarded in the long run with all of the pod's and other critters that will show up over time. With out predators they can increase thier numbers. Then you can slowly add your corals ect. Plsu if you dont have yoru lighting yet, live rock doesnt need much light. Your coraline algea will start to develop.

Only bad stuff happens fat in a reef tank--the good stuff takes awhile.

oscarcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2008
Houston, TX/Juneau, AK
Get your reef started. heavyhitter as it right. Start slow and the tank will be nice a mature by the time you ready to "start" you reef. It would be silliness now to get fish that you are only going to have to get rid of soon.

ViperCLKGTR

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2008
Agreed... Slowly start setting up your reef tank and by the time it's ready it'll be beautiful.

No point in getting fish and getting attached to them just to get rid of them in a little bit. That's kinda like buying a dog, paying to feed and take care of a dog, training the dog just to give it away while your left with a crap filled backyard and a pee stained rug.

heavyhitter

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
Nebraska
wow I just read my post, so many typo's next time I should proof-read.

blacklabel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2007
AL
thanks for the suggestions. the sand and rock is a great idea. in fact thats what i had been planning to do. its just that i need to save for overflows and/or drill the tank, build the sump, buy a skimmer, new bulbs, plumbing, etc plus save up 5-700 bucks for sand and rock. itll take me at least a few months to save up that grand i need just to get started...

so i was thinking maybe ill just throw an oscar, jd and gt in there with the million convicts to watch them grow for the next 3-6 months while i save.

PennReels84

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2008
South Jersey
10,000 guppies and a cray fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store