temporary holding pond

kay71

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2013
Wheeling, IL
hey guys do you think the pool is safe to use temporarily to house some fish (smaller cichlids)? I plan to cover the top to avoid any jumpers.

not looking to break the bank if it is going to be a short term holder for a week. Thanks for the input.

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
I have used that style before as a temporary holding pond with the slightly rigid sides and it worked well. Providing you know the risks and the limitations. Only issue I found was that the sides can tend to fall inwards (was not enough to leak or drain the pond, but it was how it was emptied too) so may need to keep an eye on that. Could add a 1”x1” wood cross inside if really concerned which in turn would help support whatever you cover it with.

kay71

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2013
Wheeling, IL
Good point, that was something that i was considering a risk as well, push from the outside just a little and you have a problem.

C. Breeze

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2021
Coastal Empire
I doubt I’d fill that thing up in my house. In fact I’m confident I’d receive some fairy stern counsel from my wife’s attorney advising me of the potential consequences.

i wouldn’t be able to use it outside due to the constant concern that an animal will get into it unsupervised and unannounced and cause a collapse.

I use tuff stuff troughs mostly because of footprint to volume inn each size being better than Rubbermaid.

the 110 gallon was 86$ out the door at my local feed store last year. Smaller than your option, 2 times as much money, and infinitely more useful. Even for dogs.

Reactions: jjohnwm
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store