Terrible LFS buy Need Help ASAP! thankyou

zspidel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Pa
in a round about way, its irrevelant to the fish if he brought it home to rescue it. it doesnt know now that its being taken care of better. it feels pain but doesnt know the difference between the 2 until its nerve endings stop feeling the pain. they are not like us who have conscience that feels the emotional difference at that point. it was just as well off in a tank to die that it is in his own tank, other than his own personal feelings and preferances. fish as well as every other different species of animals that live in this world are in their niche that benefits humans, we are at the top of the food chain. they serve no other purpose other than to benefit us (in the big picture)

i guess when i hear ppl saying they "saved" a fish, i feel like they feel as if it were as worthy as a human being. there is no animal worth "saving" like there is a human with a soul

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
thanks for everybodys thoughts, get your barf bags ready for the pics lol. Leaving work now, will have 2 find a computer tonight 2 showcase this plague.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
we will be waiting

Spatula

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2009
Under your bed
zspidel;4180748; said:
I guess when i hear ppl saying they "saved" a fish, i feel like they feel as if it were as worthy as a human being. there is no animal worth "saving" like there is a human with a soul
Gars are easier to take care of than a homeless person with a disease.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Ppuzas;4180790; said:
The fish may not be aware that it is being rescued, but they definitely know the difference between being in a 10 gallon and a 500 gallon.
My point was not that it is healthy, advisable or morally right to keep a fish in the wrong-sized tank, but that just because the fish shows physical signs of distress does not mean it is aware of where it is or where it could be. I'm on your side here, forgive my bad example. All I meant was that while I agreed with him that people should not personify fish, I disagreed with him on his main point.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
So how about those pics?

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
lol, i second this

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
sorry about the lack of pics, i do not have internet at my home. The gar finally shed his eye and i've been treating him for parasites with some API brand meds. I hate meds but had to try something. Hopefully he turns around.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Meds are a no-go... :(

Wish your gar the best of luck though!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store