Texas hybrid?

Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
^^ What HybridFinatic said....and looking like a pretty good chance female. I've had females that didn't have the black spot on dorsal but I haven't had any males that have had it.

JSpilo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2016
Maryland
^^ What HybridFinatic said....and looking like a pretty good chance female. I've had females that didn't have the black spot on dorsal but I haven't had any males that have had it.
Yup, looks female to me too.

Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
If he isn't proven and they're getting along this could be a good test. If he does prove fertile and able to spray successfully there should be some interesting offspring in the mix. I got excited and thought a tube was coming out in the first pic and then looked closer...lol. Good luck.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
Goal Red Ruby over in Thailand posted this guy a few months back. May not have been done with a Kamfa, probably a goldbase, but I've been intrigued with the Texas / FH crosses since. Imagine this thing with that kamfa shape above....wooooo hooooo....hahahaha

srth.JPG

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
Goal Red Ruby over in Thailand posted this guy a few months back. May not have been done with a Kamfa, probably a goldbase, but I've been intrigued with the Texas / FH crosses since. Imagine this thing with that kamfa shape above....wooooo hooooo....hahahaha

View attachment 1404257
That guy is just stunning. I need this in my life asap.

Since I'm using a texas female for the project. Should I cross her back to a texas now or with a red male?

My King Kamfa male is super red and pearly. I think they would produce some decent offspring but would that get me closer to where I want to be.

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
That guy is just stunning. I need this in my life asap.

Since I'm using a texas female for the project. Should I cross her back to a texas now or with a red male?

My King Kamfa male is super red and pearly. I think they would produce some decent offspring but would that get me closer to where I want to be.
Off topic but I’ve believe you are still feeding okiko, correct? I think you should rethink that. I really don’t want to see your flowerhorns health go. Visit O ol78hunter ’s thread (best pellet for flowerhorn). Lots of good discussion and valuable info there.

Reactions: ol78hunter

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
Off topic but I’ve believe you are still feeding okiko, correct? I think you should rethink that. I really don’t want to see your flowerhorns health go. Visit O ol78hunter ’s thread (best pellet for flowerhorn). Lots of good discussion and valuable info there.
Nope I have never heard of okiko.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store