Texas hybrid?

Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
That guy is just stunning. I need this in my life asap.

Since I'm using a texas female for the project. Should I cross her back to a texas now or with a red male?

My King Kamfa male is super red and pearly. I think they would produce some decent offspring but would that get me closer to where I want to be.
Depends on what you want your end game to be. I don't know about on this site but other places I've seen the red texas crossed with flowerhorn are called SRTH or RTH...(red texas hybrid) even though it's already a hybrid. They just toss the H on there to make people aware fh blood is in there. They usually don't have as much of a following, unless it's something crazy like I posted earlier. When I decide to start letting some of one project I'm working on go I have to toss the H at the end because the mom is red texas / cencu fh cross. You wouldn't think cencu looking at her but the offspring have that insane pearling. They're just taking their sweet time with the fading unfortunately. If that KK of yours ends up being fertile you have a gem. I'd go FH to FH if it were me.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Reactions: Fishenvy

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
Must be love in the air. These two are nesting and head shaking like crazy. I'll have to watch her because she has teeth like a piranha vampire. Might wake up to one eyed willie!

Reactions: Ruturaj

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
I think all flowerhorn breeding is neat and watching what comes out in the offspring is always an adventure. Be careful with these texas fh hybrids especially while spawning. Some become absolute killers!! Another big issue you are probably going to have is that most crosses like this end up producing very very very few offspring that will develop kok. The texas hybrids have lots of flat heads. If that male proves to be fertile please please please please get a koky female for him to spawn with.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store