Texas hybrid?

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
I think all flowerhorn breeding is neat and watching what comes out in the offspring is always an adventure. Be careful with these texas fh hybrids especially while spawning. Some become absolute killers!! Another big issue you are probably going to have is that most crosses like this end up producing very very very few offspring that will develop kok. The texas hybrids have lots of flat heads. If that male proves to be fertile please please please please get a koky female for him to spawn with.
True that! I'm hoping that he will help the small kok gene. Maybe.. hopefully his dominant Kamfa Genes will overtake the texas Gene's and give us a big headed offspring.

So far they seem to really get along. Not a single sign of aggression from either of the two. If he turns out to be fertile I will go pickup a extremely Koky red female Kamfa. Most definitely

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
True that! I'm hoping that he will help the small kok gene. Maybe.. hopefully his dominant Kamfa Genes will overtake the texas Gene's and give us a big headed offspring.

So far they seem to really get along. Not a single sign of aggression from either of the two. If he turns out to be fertile I will go pickup a extremely Koky red female Kamfa. Most definitely
I think few offsprings would favor the kamfa gene more than texas, will be a mix bag for sure. Extremely Koky red female Kamfa might end up costing fortune.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store