Texas hybrid?

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
They are being super gentle with each other. Hope they stay that way..
Hopefully lol. Ik when it came to my convicts the male would chase the females away after a couple of weeks. Don't know why but they did more of a communal spawn where 3 females would lay eggs in the same spot and he would raise and guard them either by himself or sometimes with the dominant female.

Reactions: Fishenvy

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Ok so.for the first few hours he was able to fertilize. Afterwards he wont come.near the plate. She must have him scared because he wont even look that way.

Should I remove him??
I wouldn't just yet. I'd wait and whatch them to see if she is being aggressive towards him. If she is being aggressive then I would remove him but if not it may just be him more or less saying "ok well, my job is done here".

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
His eyes turned orangish. Lost all of the red. Did he just skeet out all he had? He always has blood red eyes..

Not certain honestly, never had a FH change eye color. I currently only have my 2 females, big gal has red eyes while lil sis has orange eyes. But not certain if it's decided based on mood or not.

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
Not certain honestly, never had a FH change eye color. I currently only have my 2 females, big gal has red eyes while lil sis has orange eyes. But not certain if it's decided based on mood or not.
It's never changed color b4. His head is super low and his eyes are yellow orange now. I'll keep an eye on them.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Fishenvy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2020
Elmwood, Wi
I wouldn't just yet. I'd wait and whatch them to see if she is being aggressive towards him. If she is being aggressive then I would remove him but if not it may just be him more or less saying "ok well, my job is done here".
That's what I was thinking. He did his part. I would get up and walk away too lol..

She hasn't shown any aggression towards him. I will.be gone at work until 6pm tomorrow. That's a long time to let her dig into him if something did happen.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store