The Aquarium magazine from 1939

JerseyJay

Feeder Fish
Jan 6, 2005
North Jersey
www.greenstouch.com
At the last NJAS meeting I was lucky enough to get a copy of The Aquarium magazine from November 1939. This issue is very memorable b/c of 2 reasons:

#1) How many people have a copy of good quality, good articles, good ads, aquarium/fish hobby magazine. This is a MINT condition and I only paid $6 for it.

#2) 1939 was the beginning of WW2. It is interesting how in USA live was nice and steady while in Poland / Europe people were killing each other like animals.

benny

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2004
Singapore
WOW!!!!

Jay, if you ever come across any more, be sure to let me know... I WANT ONE TOO!!!!

Cheers,

Ibn

Feeder Fish
Dec 8, 2004
San Jose, CA
Very nice looking edition there. If I ever saw something like that, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat, especially for that price.

benny

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2004
Singapore
Jay Luto said:
Benny,
You got it my friend. Please let me know if you are coming to US and when. I will get a copy for you (*not necessarily 1939 but something similar).
Thanks man! Looks like it's a definite trip then!

Cheers,

paradise

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2005
Cali
Jay, I will take a few also, I never go to these events, so if you see anything cool, specially SA or CA cichlids issue from early days I would love that (a few is fine).

BTW, speaking of the US Trip, benny, what's happening w/that, you still planning a west coast thing after your Florida business part? I still have that room open :)

The Kapenta Kid

Feeder Fish
Mar 22, 2004
Brussels, Belgium
Jay Luto said:
At the last NJAS meeting I was lucky enough to get a copy of The Aquarium magazine from November 1939.
That looks great. Maybe you could scan some of the ads or parts of articles and post them here from time to time. It would be fascinating to learn about 1939 filter technology.

Goldfish

Feeder Fish
Sep 19, 2004
Singapore
The Kapenta Kid said:
That looks great. Maybe you could scan some of the ads or parts of articles and post them here from time to time. It would be fascinating to learn about 1939 filter technology.

Yeah, that looks really interesting.

Nice find! What on earth was the seller thinking?! $6!?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store