The Avocado Puffer (Auriglobus modestus), also known as the Golden or Bronze Puffer,

professorjimjam

Dovii
MFK Member
May 26, 2021
Dear All,

Local fish shop brought a lot of healthy avocado puffer fishes. They look funny and cute. I already Have Amazon puffers in the tank and I was wondering if I can add one of the avocado puffer together with my Amazon puffers. The pet store owner told me that avocado puffer is not aggressive. But I need to check with you good people. Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: CrazyPhishMan

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Fat Homer Fat Homer

Reactions: Fat Homer

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I’m not too sure on aggression (except that all puffers are - just some aren’t so bad like Amazon or schoutodini) but avacados do have their own problems.
They need decent sized tanks, at least 4 foot long despite their small size and very strong flow, as they come from fast flowing rivers in the wild.

Reactions: professorjimjam

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Need to know tank size, but they can potentially be a little nasty but not the worse as far a puffers go...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Hmmmm… sounds like it might be a bit of a push putting avocados into the mix imo as tank sounds pretty full and they can from what i’ve heard be a bit nippy…

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store