the best flowerhorn food out there?

lunatics

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2008
california
Heng sucha food is really good, really pricy food though......just started my rmm that I posted a pic of on here on it and just in 2 days his red is really turning redder.......

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
keep it simple and varied. You don't really need fh pellets to be real. Hikari staple + krill+ worms+ whateveR fish food + ect..
all that are quality food we can provide for them. Just pay attention to how much you feed, your water, and keep their minds alive with a female or other fish or a mirror or Maybe yourself.
For red fish, use hikari gold. It will give you the same result as any other fh food, and maybe a healthier balance

Last edited:

AlphaTintu

Plecostomus
MFK Member
lunatics lunatics - The Heng Sucha OR Okiko, Or Mario Food, Or any other Asian food will surely provide you result and in this case the more red, why ? that because they use much astaxanthin which can found from synthetic Or from natural sources like krill. There are lots of breeder, sellers and competitors use this kind of food...

the animal guy the animal guy - Fairly said that any varieties of food which is good frozen dried process like Hikari guys do, with feeding limits and good water can always shows result and FH can reach up to their full potential.

maybachmusic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2015
WI
Starry xo ocean free humpy head or pearls or red. Sumo red and green are great and then there's okiko. Pet store brand the hikari is good look for things high in protein and a good first indgridient

LovinPhish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
Hikari, NLS, Omega One are good pellet brands that is affordable without draining you bank account and work the same as most change brands like grandsumo, okiko, osaki, ocean free, etc. Like animal guy mention a variety diet and clean water is always the key to a healthy happy fish. If you already have GS pellets and money is not an issue, continue to use it on your flowerhorn(s) with some frozen treat added once or twice a week. Just putting in my 2 cents.

AdrianV205

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2020
Flowerhorns should not be in tanks with rocks or sand. Flowerhorns will pick up the rocks and sand and might get a duck lip infection due to getting small cuts in their lips. Duck lip infection is a very fetal sickness that can nock out your flowerhorn in three days. I lost a show grade kamfa due to this.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Flowerhorns should not be in tanks with rocks or sand. Flowerhorns will pick up the rocks and sand and might get a duck lip infection due to getting small cuts in their lips. Duck lip infection is a very fetal sickness that can nock out your flowerhorn in three days. I lost a show grade kamfa due to this.

Why this post? It's a 4 year old thread on completely different topic.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store