The big game!!

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I’m talking Australian rules football not rugby if you want to check it out, do some googling of AFL tackles or something similar and you will see a real contact sport.
Just does not compare man. I'm aware that australian football requires skill no doubt, but just nowhere near the physicality of the gridiron...playing o line/d line is essentially having a fistfight with a 300 lb. man 70 times a game.

Reactions: Ogertron3000

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Well Australia pulled off a miracle and beat denmark so are through to the group of 16 for only the 2nd time ever. The way the media is reacting you would have thought we had won the whole thing. Now we face argentina on sunday morning so will see if our new confidence can get us across the line again.

Just does not compare man. I'm aware that australian football requires skill no doubt, but just nowhere near the physicality of the gridiron...playing o line/d line is essentially having a fistfight with a 300 lb. man 70 times a game.
We can go back and forth forever arguing over who is toughest but the soccer players are 100% the best actors. 1 players toe clips another players heel and they go down screaming like they have been shot through the spine then roll around howling in agony. As soon as they get the free kick they bounce up all smiles and miraculously recovered. The really blatant overacted performances make me laugh, they might win the world cup but wont be getting an oscar for sure.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
It's looking like the USA world cup is coming to an end, currently 2-0 down against Holland!

I'm sure you will all jump on the blighty bandwagon tomorrow evening when we take on Senegal. Come on blighty!!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
It's looking like the USA world cup is coming to an end, currently 2-0 down against Holland!

I'm sure you will all jump on the blighty bandwagon tomorrow evening when we take on Senegal. Come on blighty!!
I won't jump on the bandwagon but will pull for England to win.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I updates here for a while. Looks like everyone’s teams s have been eliminated, USA and Australia aren’t really surprising but I would have liked England to have done better. Saying that besides a few dodgy referees decisions they got beaten fair and square by the frenchman
I would like to see Morocco win as a nice underdog story or Argentina to give Messi a World Cup at last, don’t want to see him crying like Ronaldo at the end of his match.

Reactions: tlindsey

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
As a Man U fan, and a huge Ronaldo fan, up until his recent brattish behaviour that is, I'm done with him now. He's battered any long standing legacy that he might have had. And it serves him right, good riddance to him.

So bearing that in mind I now would love Argentina to win it, just so Messi has that world cup winners medal to go on his CV. Perhaps a world cup win would finally cement his claim as the greatest.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Well, my nerves are gone, absolutely shredded, and I'm English!! God knows how the French and Argentinians are.

What a game, what a truly amazing spectacle. I have never seen a game of football like that, ever. Wow.

And at half time it was so one sided, 2-0 to Argentina, I thought it was going to finish 5-0 or something daft. The French didn't even turn up!

But the second half produced an astonishing festival of sublime football from both teams.

Congratulations to Argentina, and in particular Lionel Messi, who imo, can finally cement his position as the best player to ever kick a football.

Wow. What a game.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Well, my nerves are gone, absolutely shredded, and I'm English!! God knows how the French and Argentinians are.

What a game, what a truly amazing spectacle. I have never seen a game of football like that, ever. Wow.

And at half time it was so one sided, 2-0 to Argentina, I thought it was going to finish 5-0 or something daft. The French didn't even turn up!

But the second half produced an astonishing festival of sublime football from both teams.

Congratulations to Argentina, and in particular Lionel Messi, who imo, can finally cement his position as the best player to ever kick a football.

Wow. What a game.
I tuned in briefly and Argentina was really physical with France 😆

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
It was on 2a.m monday morning here so i didnt see it, Sounds like i missed something spectacular. My french boss didnt even come intop work today so he must be too shattered.
Im definately going to watch the highlights when i get a chance, just to see Messi react when they win, I think most people see it as a victory for Messi and not argentina as such. The team overall were good but behaved poorly but most fans wanted Messi to have hiis fairytale happy ending to his world cup career.

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
It was on 2a.m monday morning here so i didnt see it, Sounds like i missed something spectacular. My french boss didnt even come intop work today so he must be too shattered.
Im definately going to watch the highlights when i get a chance, just to see Messi react when they win, I think most people see it as a victory for Messi and not argentina as such. The team overall were good but behaved poorly but most fans wanted Messi to have hiis fairytale happy ending to his world cup career.
First half aside, yes it was spectacular. The commentators, and panel back in the studio, mostly all ex football pros, said it was without doubt the best game they have ever witnessed. That is some claim coming from guys who've been involved, and seen, as many games as they have.

Even my wife was screeching and jumping up and down and she hates football, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store