The Camera Thread

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
How do you like V2 and V3, I currently have V1's and J1's shoot mainly with 10mm, 18.5mm, I have the 2 stock teles, I want the 6.7-13mm and 32mm. Which flash do you prefer? Older or newer one? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I just realized that my initial response to your questions didn't include a reply to your asking about which Nikon 1 flash I preferred. I've only had one flash and I like it. I use the SB-N7. I've not used any other versions of the Nikon 1 speed lights.

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
How do you like V2 and V3, I currently have V1's and J1's shoot mainly with 10mm, 18.5mm, I have the 2 stock teles, I want the 6.7-13mm and 32mm. Which flash do you prefer? Older or newer one? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I actually sold the D600 due to a Nikon production flaw, and I gave my son the V2. I've recently upgraded to the V3 and use it as a travel and backup camera to my D810, which is my regular camera. I really like the Nikon 1 cameras. How are you liking the V1?

ShadowP

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2015
Southeastern North Carolina
DSCN2750.JPG
I figured since so many of us take picture of our fish it would be nice to have a listing of the best cameras to use and what cameras you all use. If you post, include a picture made with ur cam so we know whats good and whats not...

im curious to see this cuz im going to buy a proper camera soon and Im still figuring out which one I want.
This shot was taken somewhat on the cheap. I used a 16 Megapixel Nikon Coolpix 9300 and two 4x jewelers loupes.
And just in case you don't know what it is... it's a 2 day old Celestial Pearl Danio fry resting on a piece of #1 gravel.
DSCN2750.JPG

Camera set to x10 zoom for 160x total magnification.

Daro31

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2006
London, Ontario, Canada
Discus Pair- Sized Sample.jpg I have been planning a stage area in my aquarium with enough space to get my GoPro Hero 4 Silver into the aquarium to photograph my fish. It really solves the glass reflection problem. I monitor the shots and press the shutter from a Samsung Galaxy Tablet. I intend to shoot a lot more likle this.

GoPro fish 1.jpg

Reactions: isde02

Daro31

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2006
London, Ontario, Canada
These photos are all done with a Canon 5D MK11 and 100 mm. macro. I have found a big help for clear photography is doing a water change and glass cleaning the day before I plan to take photos.

2007-02-22 15.04.29.jpg

2 yellows.jpg

2012-12-30 17.02.39.jpg

Reactions: Blood Red
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store