The Camera Thread

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
Euge;872734; said:
Nikon D50. I think this thread should become a sticky!
yea might be a good idea!
im sure theres a lot of people who would like to know what cams to be getting...

just to put in my input on cams... right now im using a horrible little cybershot 4.1megapixels cam and these are the kinda of pics I make with it

(SHIOT)

Loubard uses a Canon EOS 350D and I am JEALOUS of his pictures so i decided to outdo him, so as of May 30th (bday) you will be seeing a lot of pics coming from my 400D (which according to the store will WOOP that 350D)

here is a pic of loubard made with a 350D

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
Nikon all the way! I love my cheapie nikon. I bet you could never believe some of the pics I get out of this $200 Nikon. Coolpix 3200. Best cam for the money IMHO.

POTM winner.

Love it

Chad

Steve737

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Roselle, IL
I myself have a Nikon D50, and love it.

btw, having an expensive camera won't take better pictures. It'll help, but the most important piece of equipment is yourself.

You have to expect the unexpected, you have to sit in front of your tank for more than 2 minutes hoping for that perfect POTM moment.

blazin_dragon18

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2007
US, LA
here's a pic i took w/my olympus stylus 720sw, the interesting fact about this camera is that it's water proof, up to or i should say down to 10ft, for an hr (i have no idea y there's a time limit on that). it's also shock proof from 5' drops. i haven't been able to take good pix from under water since it's hard to see the lcd screen, but i'm pretty sure that once i got it down, this camera will produce some amazing pix. no glass glare even with the straight flash ^^

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
Steve737;873467;873467 said:
I myself have a Nikon D50, and love it.

btw, having an expensive camera won't take better pictures. It'll help, but the most important piece of equipment is yourself.

You have to expect the unexpected, you have to sit in front of your tank for more than 2 minutes hoping for that perfect POTM moment.
I know it wont make me take better pics but my cam now is so old and crappy that i cant change any settings. the shutter goes way to slow so the image is always blurred. the only good pix i make are if the fish is not moving... and thats rare, plus i cant zoom cuz it has digital zoom n then it just plain sucks...
so im still debating the canon 400d or the nikon d80
im leanin towards the 400d still

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
mb_barton;874066; said:
I know it wont make me take better pics but my cam now is so old and crappy that i cant change any settings. the shutter goes way to slow so the image is always blurred. the only good pix i make are if the fish is not moving... and thats rare, plus i cant zoom cuz it has digital zoom n then it just plain sucks...
so im still debating the canon 400d or the nikon d80
im leanin towards the 400d still
D80:D:D:D:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store