The "Clown" in the Loach

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
meiling;472675; said:
I have never had any illness in my tank, they seem fine. They keep getting funnier every day. I really enjoy them. what causes them to get worms?
I have no idea what causes the worm infestation - could even be a similar problem to white spot - something that is always present that affects the fish when it gets stressed..??
Really don't know the reason, but the remedy seems to work. My little one that had knifeback is doin great since his time in the treatment tank, lookin fit and healthy and happy. They look so sad and ill when they get knifeback - I'm glad I was able to cure this one.

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
fisy66;507420; said:
How long do you treat for worms, using the sterizen?
STERAZIN
I just followed the instructions on the bottle, nothing more, nothin less...
It's a 10 day treatment cycle. Day 1,3,6,8 and 10. I put mine in a little 5 gallon tank and used a half dose (as recommended on the bottle...). You're always better to slightly underdose with Clowns, just to be safe - better to put in a drop less than a drop more, if you get what I mean. In such a small tank, I think I was only using about 4 drops a day.
Just read the bottle and stick to what it says. It works. I don't have a light on my 5 gallon, so that helps keep the stress down while your treating too.
My little Clown came through with flying colours...now he's happy and healthy.
I hate to lose a Clown. Considering that they can live for 50 years, you really have to look after them, it would be a crime not to. I'm hoping that i'll have mine til I'M a ripe old age...

sterazin2.jpg

fisy66

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
I have a community of 10 large loaches, the biggest being close to a foot in size! I can't imagine how old he is. The loach that I suspect might have worms is about 7inches and I can start to see the difinition of his spine, so I might catch and treat him. Thanks again!

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
fisy66;508012; said:
I have a community of 10 large loaches, the biggest being close to a foot in size! I can't imagine how old he is. The loach that I suspect might have worms is about 7inches and I can start to see the difinition of his spine, so I might catch and treat him. Thanks again!
If he's gettin skinny and you're startin to see his bones under his skin, give the Sterazin a go. It worked wonders with my little guy, although I think havin a rest in the isolation tank and a chance to feed by himself helped as well. In 10 days you'll know if it was the right treatment.
Is he eatin OK but doesn't seem to be gaining weight? If so, sounds like he's got internal parasites - treat him.
All the best, hope he gets better - you don't wanna lose one that big - he must be a good few years old already. Got any Pics of your Clown pack? Foot long?!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store