The dreaded jump out post

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
My 11 inch delhezi jumped out of the tank last night. My mom checked them all at 12:30am, everyone was fine. She found her about 10 feet away from the tank this morning at 9:30am. “As stiff as a board” and no heart beat. I Was able to get there at 1pm. I have her in a five gallon bucket with about 2 inches of water, her head elevated, with an air Stone. I know it’s been hours too long. Just when I thought I had all of the openings secure.....

Is there anything else I can do? Is there any chance that she can make it?

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
I hate everything. I didn’t think a 1/2 inch slit around the filter would be a problem , but she somehow knocked off the filter lid and got out. Just kidding I’m an idiot and there’s a 1 inch slit by the filter.

How am I supposed to find another wild, colorful delhezi (or poly for that matter) who buries multiple times daily, gives herself sand hats, and has a gentle temperament.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Sorry this happened. Always tough losing a fish. There are a few wild ones not that it can easily replace one you take care of for a period of time.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Damn sorry Chelsea this is absolutely the worst way to lose one. Dont beat yourself up. These fish are just damn suicidal

Reactions: tlindsey and clm08k

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Very sorry to hear. I was gutted when both of my sens wriggled out of my AC110 when I left the cover off due to noise before a big exam. I know the feeling, mine were very dead after only a few hours overnight. Again, deeply sorry for your loss :(

Reactions: tlindsey and clm08k

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Thanks everyone. She didn't make it.

I can't even look at the tank right now. I'm absolutely devastated. She was my favorite fish and had a super friendly personality. Was one of the prettiest delhezis I've ever seen too. Now I just gotta find another poly who buries, which will be very hard. It just sucks when you feel like it's your fault and was a preventable situation.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Very sorry to hear. I was gutted when both of my sens wriggled out of my AC110 when I left the cover off due to noise before a big exam. I know the feeling, mine were very dead after only a few hours overnight. Again, deeply sorry for your loss :(
Sorry to hear that happened to your sens too. I had no idea. It really is the worst.

Reactions: tlindsey

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa

I can't even look at the tank right now. I'm absolutely devastated. She was my favorite fish and had a super friendly personality. Was one of the prettiest delhezis I've ever seen too. Now I just gotta find another poly who buries, which will be very hard. It just sucks when you feel like it's your fault and was a preventable situation.
It happens. I let my tank lull for a good few months after losing my polys, I only deep cleaned and redecorated in April. Take your time..

Sorry to hear that happened to your sens too. I had no idea. It really is the worst.
It truly is. Another suggestion from recent experiences, don't get a poly to replace them. I got a little del, grew him out a bit then within days of addition to my large tank my synodontis nailed him, dying two days later. Heartbreak again. Rather see it as there is space for a new poly, not a replacement. If that makes sense. It is tough :(

Reactions: clm08k

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island

I can't even look at the tank right now. I'm absolutely devastated.
Sorry to hear.This reminds me of how I felt when my big old armatus launched himself out of the tank.It flipped the lid over and flopped around on the floor.I heard the commotion from upstairs and by the time I made it down there the armatus was across the room from the tank.
It fought gallantly but died two days later.

• Sad
Reactions: clm08k and tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store