The Fish Are HERE!! Enjoy The Eye Candy....er...Possible Load Warning...hehe

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
I believe the festae is a male, since it has spots in the dorsal and anal fins.....and its in a 75 by itself...still outa it from the shippin. Pretty crappy colors right now...don't know if thats just cuz of the strain of it or what...hopefully i can color him up cuz he looks really washed out...lol

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
What kind of pike are those (I take it that the pikes are the long slender fish with eye spots on the tail) and how big do they get. I have seen pics of the small ones like yours but have never seen a mature one. Or are they mature?

DRaGoNoVA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2005
Singapore
Peanut_Power said:
Next come the Jurupari...I swear these guys love the camera and actually pose...lol..practically the easiest fish to photograph i've ever kept, with the Geos being next..lol...first one is of one of the Juruparis still in the bag....twasn't pleased i was takin pictures of it...wanted OUT!! lol...the rest explain themselves pretty good! :D
cute lil buggers :drool:

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
softturtle said:
What kind of pike are those (I take it that the pikes are the long slender fish with eye spots on the tail) and how big do they get. I have seen pics of the small ones like yours but have never seen a mature one. Or are they mature?
They are Crenicichla marmoratas....a relatively rare pike, if you want to get them you either have to special order them or get them online...not one you commonly get into the LFS. They get upwards of 15"....but I've never seen one at max. size...so who knows? They are far from mature...lol...mine are only about 3" or so...long long ways to go!! LOL!! Here are a few pictures of what they will look like:
The first two are of an adult male, looks like without breeding colors. Next two are of an subadult/adult female, also without breeding colors.

And THIS is an adult female WITH breeding colors! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store