"The Indominus Project"

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
I sold off most of the fry, third batch is still with the parents, and I'm noticing that strangely, the whole batch is white as opposed to there being some black ones sprinkled in. My platinum ones are still growing, I'll get a pic of them soon.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
update
1611045269751.png
the oldest of the fry that I still have have kids of their own.
the weird silver ones I had turned out to grow up looking like trade strain HRPs, essentially just blue convicts. The pink ones turned out to be pink convicts, and the platinums are well, still platinum like their father. As for body shape as you can see they take the typical convict shape for the most part, but the platinums I notice take more of a blocky form as they mature. All of the colors have iridescent blue green fins, even the pinks. The actual blue ones get darker blue on their fins.
1611045434562.png
I originally put in the divider to keep nick from attacking his mate whenever they lost a spawn, but she squeezed over it and they now have their 6th batch. Now the divider is used to keep the older batch from eating the younger ones, and to keep the older batch from getting killed by their parents. I've sold off most of them and don't have anything but platinums left. I'm holding those back, probably gonna keep a pair or two and sell the rest.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Two years later, got exactly what I wanted.
1639002482456.png
Check the marketplace in a bit, to anyone who's interested
I believe they're on their tenth batch now by the way.

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
Two years later, got exactly what I wanted.
View attachment 1480988
Check the marketplace in a bit, to anyone who's interested
I believe they're on their tenth batch now by the way.
Are these fry from the original male and female pair in this thread? If not do you have a pic of the parents or an updated pic of the original pair. It really worked out with the original pair that the convict female had the pink gene.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Are these fry from the original male and female pair in this thread? If not do you have a pic of the parents or an updated pic of the original pair. It really worked out with the original pair that the convict female had the pink gene.
They are indeed. All the females ended up looking the same, the males more or less to eachother

Reactions: HybridFinatic

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
They are indeed. All the females ended up looking the same, the males more or less to eachother
Post more pictures! I love a good convict breeding project. I may want to buy a small group of these from you later this month, we'll see.

Last edited:

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Interestingly as they mature I notice they all get a black line or two on their dorsal and anal fins, always on the ray that leads to the tip of the fin. Nick has it, his dad had it, it's strange how a seemingly randomized gene can make a seemingly hereditary pattern. Some get black lips or gill membranes, or a few dots on their abdomens. I have a batch growing from a pairing of the ones with the most black, and assuming the calico/marble gene is co/incomplete dominant, that batch should marble a bit more than their parents as they mature. It doesn't show well on camera but both the first gen offspring I posted had a bit of black. Not much but the gene's there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store