The insanity has begun... My 345 SA/CA Build thread

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Thanks everyone.

The leak does not appear to bad, it is in the rear right corner, most likely from the trim to bottom seal (wood bottom not glass). Hopefully an hour or so of clean up and some fresh silicone will get the job done; if not, I'll be tearing it down to do a complete re-seal.

Hopefully this only delays me an extra 2 days.

As far as the question about humidity; the tank will have a full top, which is soon to be built. The rock waterfall doesn't have that strong of a flow so hopefully it won't be a problem.

As far as plants, its actually covered with them now, full tank shot when I can get the damn thing to hold water.

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
UPDATE – 4/25/12

Well it looks like my repairs this last Sunday to the leak that I found ended up taking care of the problem. I filled the tank up Monday after work and have been checking the repaired area with a sheet of toilet paper a few times a day for the last two days to make sure that there is no moisture.

Success!

I scaped the tank with my new drift wood, plants and rocks along with a bottom layer of substrate.
I still have to add a new large rock for the Pleco cave, which I am working on now; as well as transfer the other wood, plants, rocks and substrate from my other tanks to complete the look I am going for. I also still need to find some blue led’s with an e27 hook up for the night lights.

Still no new work on finishing up the stand or the top, updates to follow…

A few pictures of the tank as it sits now.

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
wooooo!! thats looking amazing man any plans for a lizard or something for the background? or just for looks?
p.s love the candy machines machines
Thanks for the compliment.

As far as the questions: No, I am not planning on adding a lizard or anything to the background (would be cool though). The waterfall and plants are just for looks, the waterfall itself does serve a purpose for water aeration though.

Also, I have been debating switching the candy machines over to fish food instead of candy, not sure if that is just a little too cheesy though.

Tried adjusting the lights a little for a new pic (I know I'll do this a 100 times before I get them the way I like them) plus the shot is during the day instead of night time so you can get an idea of the ambient lighting in the room; looks like its time for me to buy some curtains :)

OscarMan0315

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2011
East Coast
Thanks for the compliment.

As far as the questions: No, I am not planning on adding a lizard or anything to the background (would be cool though). The waterfall and plants are just for looks, the waterfall itself does serve a purpose for water aeration though.

Also, I have been debating switching the candy machines over to fish food instead of candy, not sure if that is just a little too cheesy though.

Tried adjusting the lights a little for a new pic (I know I'll do this a 100 times before I get them the way I like them) plus the shot is during the day instead of night time so you can get an idea of the ambient lighting in the room; looks like its time for me to buy some curtains :)

AMAZING!!! This tanks is gonnna look great when finished.

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
LOL adjusting the candy machines for fish bahaha xD I personally would leave it as candy but your choice lol. you have to consider fish food does not last forever when exposed to air and those candy machines would hold 3-4KG + easy so you would have a lot of un fresh food, not sure how it works but from my understanding certain continence in the food go off after awhile while some remain.

also they would look very dull candy is nice and colorful why fish food is dark and plain =)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store