Hope you find him!
Try leaving out food in various places.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
No luck, even had the dog (who is trained to find tortoises) look around. If he finds one he will bark a couple times. Nothing. Starting to think he’s not in the yard. Scoured 2 of the 3 neighbors yards.

• Sad
Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Anything yet?
You can try sprinkling flour over areas to see if he passes through.
I get the feeling you’ll find him just basking on a fence post one day soon.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Still overcast here, supposed to warm up later. He is probably wedged in between something after yesterdays journey.

Reactions: Deadeye

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Good news! The dog found him!

It seems he was just walking out of a bush to bask when the dog found him. He started to play bow and bark (as he is trained to) when he finds a tortoise. Sunny is perfectly fine, but a little on the skinny side right now. I found him about 20 feet from his cage in some kind of long tropical grass. It is very close to the tortoise enclosure, and as we know, he attacks tortoises, so he must’ve seen them and attacked, then got bored. So happy!

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
So glad you found him!
My crestie got loose and I tore apart the house a dozen times. I had basically given up when she was found just walking along the floor at night 2 weeks later, like nothing happened.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Had fun out in the garden today. They’re getting big! Approaching 5 years! Their new enclosure is about the size of the last one, but thinner. About 30 feet long and for about half the time it’s 4 feet wide and then it widens to around 10. One of the maine reasons we have a garden is because they eat so much veggies that we’ve had to get a couple bags for them to eat just for a week! They seem to fill up more with home-grown veggies, I don’t know why. They love hibiscus flowers. After they eat it they get a nice pink lipstick.
Sunny, the beardy, is about 9 years, still going strong. Loving life and especially loving snap peas!

IMG_0201.jpeg

IMG_0199.jpeg

IMG_0196.jpeg

IMG_0202.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store