The Official Boxing Thread

RiskEE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2010
Los Angeles
This is for all the boxing fans on mfk let have some fun ill post up some upcoming fights. oh and today was a big day hopkins is the oldest champ in boxing after smashing paskel :headbang2:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2

RiskEE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2010
Los Angeles
hbo boxing

jun 4 Sebastion Zbik vs cesar chavez jr
july 2 Wladimir klitschko vs David

showtime boxing

june 4 Froch vs Johnson
june 10 Kayode vs Godfrey
jun 11 Sanchez vs Arroyo

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Philly's own Bernard Hopkins beat some Canadian fighter last night to become the lightheavyweight champion and oldest living active fighter to hold a world title.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
phillydog1958;5148932; said:
B-Hop showed last night that he's an old man with a new plan that worked.
I was at work but I just caught the replay.He should stop now but he wants to fight Chad Dawson next....."I am the OG of Goldenboy Promotions"

Clay

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2005
Chantilly, Va
I saw this fight on the replay just a little while ago. I was unimpressed by the officiating. That ref (John Lewis of England) failed to call a NUMBER of punches looping around to the back of the head (rabbit punches) and at least 1 knockdown. The fight going the distance is a tribute to their amazing cardio and great skill. But really, there is another sport I'd rather watch. This was a snoozefest.

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
krichardson;5148942; said:
I was at work but I just caught the replay.He should stop now but he wants to fight Chad Dawson next....."I am the OG of Goldenboy Promotions"
True. I think Hopkins has 2 good fights left in his 46-year-old gas tank. I'm not sure if he can win them, but he can give his all.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Clay;5148960; said:
The fight going the distance is a tribute to their amazing cardio and great skill. But really, there is another sport I'd rather watch. This was a snoozefest.
I agree and you have to really be into boxing to appreciate a Hopkins fight.I know,I know...mma but Mir and that beer gut guy are a few weeks away yet.

Clay

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2005
Chantilly, Va
Yeah, UFC 130 is going to be bbbbbaaaaaaaaddddddd. But I don't want to derail this thread and take away from boxing.

Peacock Rey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2010
Trenton NJ
Cotto VS. Margarito .....is it still on or not ? Cotto is my favorite boxer but after Margarito beat him (maybe cheated...what ya think?) he has not been the same. I wanted to see the rematch but I heard Margarito backed out for some reason.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store